Newton House b&b Terms and Conditions
We would like to ensure that all our guests have a very enjoyable stay at Newton House b&b. Our booking conditions are there to protect us and you, as guests. If you have any worries or concerns regarding these please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that by staying with us you expressly agree to abide by the terms of this policy.
1) ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES: Arrival Time is after 4:00 pm on the day of your arrival and departure is 10.00 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with us.
2) ROOM PRICES: room prices are per room, per night. The room price includes breakfast.
3) All our rooms are strictly NON-SMOKiNG.
4) HOW TO BOOK / PAYMENT: Having checked with us on price and availability, you must send us a completed Booking Form together with the Total Amount Due. Subject to availability, we will then confirm your booking to you. Any balance due is payableon arrival at Newton House. If we do not receive all amounts due in full and on time, we have the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, all monies paid and/or due at that time will be retained by/must be paid to us. We may however refund such monies if an alternative letting is achieved for the property, taking account any losses incurred. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, bank transfer or card.
5) CANCELLATION: if a guest cancels a booking, Newton House b&b reserves the right to apply the following cancellation charge, unless the room/rooms can be resold: if a cancellation is received before 48 hours of the check-in date, then 50% of any balance due is payable immediately. This amount will be refunded later if the room/rooms can be resold. If you cancel your booking within 48 hours of your stay, a cancellation charge of 100% of the total amount payable for your stay will be payable by you by the date of the original check in date. However, if we manage to re-let the room for the same period you have booked, we will refund all monies you have paid.
6) AVAILABILITY: In the rare case that we cannot fulfil the delivery of your requested accommodation, you will be offered alternate accommodation and if there is a difference in the price, you will be liable for the price differential. If the differential is less than the original amount a refund of the difference will be made to you.
7) SAFETY: Your safety whilst staying at Newton House b&b is important to us. Whilst we have taken every care to provide a safe environment, no liability is accepted for Injury to persons staying in our save where this can be shown to be as a result of the negligence of the owner.
8) GUEST CONSIDERATION: Newton House b&b would like to ensure that all our guests have a peaceful and enjoyable stay with us. We respectfully ask all our guests to respect each other's stay with us. We may ask you and anyone else in your party to leave immediately if your / their behaviour is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm to other guests, to our staff or management, or is likely to breach our terms and conditions. In these circumstances, no refunds will be given and we, as owners, will have no further liability to you. We have the right, either during your stay, or after your stay, to recover from you the costs of any of the following: Any compensation we may pay to others, including our guests, the full value of any loss or damage to our property or accommodation, its contents and grounds, any other costs, charges or fees that we may incur resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of this policy, including consequential loss re: future lettings.
9) FORCE MAJEURE: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, the Owner can accept no liability where the performance or prompt performance of the Owners contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “Force Majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “Force Majeure” means any event which the Owner could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial action.
10) LIABILITY: Other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to you is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will we be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us or our property by your act, omission, default or neglect and you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage. 11) DAMAGE: Newton House b&b accepts no liability for loss or damage to Tenants property or belongings including cars and contents.